March 13, 2009

A Quick Life Update

A quick life update... Without Skype, I am thinking that this blog is going to become my main source of communicating with everyone!

One of my classmates at Dalhousie is doing her Co-op for the Management Career Services, the people who help us find jobs and do workplace check ups. Saying that, I have my mid evaluation on Monday. Most of the advisors visit the work places of the students and meet with them and the employers. Unfortunately, Dal doesn’t have the budget to send my advisor all the way to Austria, so we are having a phone evaluation. The first half hour is done just with my boss, and then the second part is just with me. I think it is a way for Dal to have feedback about how the co-op is going and if there are problems that needed to be sorted.

Anyways, back to my classmate. Part of her job is to profile students for an upcoming MCS e-mail bulletin. My classmate has asked me if I would mind being featured! She asked that I send her information concerning my workplace, living arrangements, any communication mishaps and how this international working experience is going to affect my career path and future career choices. It is scheduled to be sent out in September, so that will be exciting, I am curious as to what information she will use.

After much deliberation, I have decided to declare my major in Business Management. We are given a few options in Commerce, and I feel that this is the area that is best suited to my skill set. Time wise, I could have double majored at Dal because of the fact that I have so many transferred courses from CEGEP, but Dal doesn’t allow double majors in Commerce. It will however allow me to take courses in different fields, so I can continue pursuing courses in marketing on top of my major. We have to start taking courses relative to our majors in the winter of 2010, after our second co-op.

I have decided to go to Zell Am See, Austria for Easter. It is looking like a solo trip for now, which I am actually pretty okay with. I am sure that all this alone time will eventually start taking its toll on me, but I am rather enjoying being able to go where I want. I have been able to realize that I am completely self sufficient and can successfully live in a foreign place by myself. Saying that, I do miss having certain people around… You know who you are.

I think that covers the general highlights of my life to date :)

No comments:

Post a Comment