January 18, 2009

City Gardens

I forgot to add that I did see a little bit of my surroundings this weekend. I ventured out to see the neighbourhood. Right behind our apartment is something called the City Gardens. Because so many people live in apartments in Vienna, there is little space for people to have green spaces. Basically, there are semi-cottages crammed together with a small piece of grass. People even had above-ground pools. I am not sure if anyone lives in them permanently, but it is kinda like a jail for houses because they are all fenced in, with barbed wire on some of them. I tried to take some pictures but all the fencing and mesh on the fences made it somewhat difficult. The cool thing is that it is an area less than 5 acres in the middle of apartment buildings. Really cool. As soon as I can get my act together I will take pictures of my apartment and add them. Afterall, I am here for another 3 1/2 months...

As a side note, could someone please let Granny know that the map she gave me works wonders!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steph

    I'm on the Granny trail. Love the blog.

    Mum

    ReplyDelete